DESIGN UNICORNS TO YOUR RESCUE
Does your team need design leadership to take their project to the next level? A Unicorn Rescue isn't staff augmentation or a run-of-the-mill contract assignment. This is a design-thinking SWAT team—a team of senior creatives who'll join your squad for one week (or more!), leveling-up both your project and your team with a mixture of killer creative and inspired instruction.
Who needs a unicorn?
We've designed our Unicorn Rescue program to target the needs of:
Start-ups with few or no design resources looking to upgrade their product
Digital and marketing agencies that want to leverage user-centered design to create a pitch
Internal teams and product companies needing to rapidly-prototype an experience MVP for a pitch, investment, or user testing
Anyone with a project in trouble that needs creative leadership to turn it around
For one week, our unicorns will:
- Work embedded with your team of 3-10 people
- Carry out user-centered design thinking processes and execute relevant design deliverables
- Reinforce our workflow with training modules tailored to the needs and level of your teams' experience, so they grow in skill even as we execute new work together
Your killer results
And when we're done, your team will benefit from:
- A strengthened base in user-centered design, with the tools and skills to carry out the design process themselves
- Your product getting the focused attention it needs to be well-designed and successful
- A foundation for design thinking that creates efficiency, empowerment, and empathy
- All the deliverables you need to keep the ball moving forward when our engagement is complete
Brandy is a seasoned design leader who has directed award-winning solutions for top consumer brands across all manner of media, devices, and environments. She has taught interaction design at corporate and collegiate levels with a focus on user behavior, intuitive design and critical thinking.
JD is a veteran visual and User Experience designer with experience as a creative director, a design director, and a consultant with some of the biggest agencies and brands in the ATL and beyond. He is an acclaimed author, public speaker, and design educator.
A ONE-WEEK UNICORN RESCUE SCHEDULE
In a typical one-week Unicorn Rescue engagement, JD and Brandy—both senior designers, consultants, and seasoned instructors—work with your stakeholders and team on a single key project, either at your office or in a creative and convenient off-site location. And whether your team is made up of designers or members from other disciplines, we'll tailor both our approach and our material to teach and demonstrate effective user-centered design principles and processes you can start using right away, and keep using once we're gone.
This schedule is an example—the exact services and deliverables will vary by engagement and team.
Let's Get Busy
A typical one-week Unicorn Rescue engagement includes JD and Brandy on a full-time engagement, as well as any design deliverables and related licenses produced during the course of the week.